The Evolution of a Painting

I wanted this painting to be on a 36 X 36 stretched canvas and I had in my mind a blue sky with various blues. Along with this I added white and a little hot pink to give some lavender hues. Texture is very important and I added molding paste to fluorescent pink and orange to make the snapdragon flowers pop out under the blue sky. Wallpaper was used to make the leaves.

This sky outside of our window one day looked so similar to my painting I had to add it in.

The flower building began. There is a combination of two different photographs that caught my interest using the kinds of flowers and colors. The little white trailing flowers are also made with titanium white paint and molding paste.

Adding splotches of wanna be flowers all the way to the bottom.

Then they needed to be bigger and bolder.

The various background greens were added from very dark to bright lime.

Leaves and stems were added along with interest marks and flower colors were changed. Yellow flowers were changed to various oranges and each flower has some fluorescent color added. I named this painting “Under the Blue Sky”. It is for sale and email me if you are interested.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *